Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our last 3 weeks

Hello everyone, I am finally back (again). I have gotten many e-mails as to why I haven't been keeping up with my blog and for once I actually have a good reason. I have been in the hospital for the last almost 3 weeks. It all started on Monday June 24th. I was feeling pretty crapy and throwing up a bit, but what Pregnant girl hasn't done that right. Well in the middle of the night I woke Jon up because I was pretty sure that I was going to die. We spent the whole night trying to ease my pain and in the morning decided that maybe I was in Labor (only 28 weeks) so we dropped Shelby off at a friends house and rushed to the hospital. Well it turns out that I had Gall stones passing that had gotten stuck in my pancreas which caused severe pancreatitis. They found all this out after many tests, labs, MRI, c-scans and many other painful, expensive procedures. Then just when everyone thought they had me figured out I started having contractions as well as my lungs decided to collapse. They rushed me up to the ICU twice because I kept showing signs of healing and then something else would decide to stop working.

Anyway to make a long story even longer I am now home (useless) but home. My parents are still here and have been for the whole time, which I am so grateful for. I can only stand for a few minutes at a time and I am still on a feeding tube that gives me all the calories to sustain life for me and the baby. I am trying to eat, but it doesn't go that well. The plan for now is to stay alive and keep Libby alive too. We are hoping that I can stay prego until at least 36 weeks and then we may go ahead and take Libby out along with my Gall bladder and a few other things that will probably need out too. Thanks for all your prayers and letters they all helped me more than you know.

I probably won't blog as often as usual until I feel semi human again, but I love getting all of your updates. Here are some pics of me in the hospital with my favorite nurses and the ICU. I know that I look stunning in all of them so no compliments are needed.




My sue
My Sherri, me, Bobbi
My Jean, me, and Holly
Me looking fabulous in the ICU

14 comments:

Erica said...

You have no idea how much I've been thinking about you. I really want to talk to you, but know that you probably need some time. I just hope that you and baby stay well. We are praying for you and your sweet little family. I wish we still lived close and I would come take Shelby. Take it easy! love ya my favorite fridge friend. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow girl!!! I can't believe all that has happened, yes it sure sounds like you are barley alive. How scary especially being pregnant. I hope you and the baby continue to do well and I will be thinking of you.

The Knudsen Family said...

Annie,
Oh my gosh I can not believe all this has happened. I am so sorry that you have not been doing well. I hope that you get feeling better and that everything continues well with the baby. Let me know if there is anything that I can do even though I am not sure how. My brother is there in Boise for one more week if you need a blessing or anything that he can help with let me know. Well you and your family will definetly be in my prayers. Feel better soon.
Kelly

Kate said...

I had no idea! I must agree you look stunning in the photos. But I am so sad you had and are still going through this. Bummer! Annie, you can't ever just do anything simple can you :)

Abby said...

I am so glad to hear you are out of the hospital. I reallly hope that things keep going in the right direction and you continue to get well. I will be praying for you and the family. We love you!
Abby & AJ

The Atwood's said...

I am soooo glad you are doing better!! That does not sound fun you poor thing. Thanks for the update though, I hate not knowing how people are doing when something traumatic happens. Good to see you back!

Crystal said...

Annie-
You are one strong girl. After going through something like that I don't think I would think to post it on my blog. No worries about updating, you've got to keep yourself getting better and taking care of that cute little baby inside! You guys will definitely be in my prayers from now on. You are a strong chica, I know you will get through this with flying colors. ...and you did look fabulous by the way! (at least better than I would going through all that) :)

Kaymee said...

Man, Annie!! THat is crappy! so sorry to hear about your 3 week vacation to the hospital! Talk about a baby-moon :) hope all gets better and you and your fam stay healthy!!

Steffani said...

Oh my goodness. You poor thing!!! I had no idea! I have also had problems with my gall bladder and let me vouch for you, it is the worst pain I have EVER been in, but it has never been anything like you're going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Hang in there!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Oh my goodness Annie!! I am so sorry! Three weeks is an awful long time to be the hospital. I couldn't take it four days. I'll be praying for you and little Libby. I know we are far away, but if there is anything I can do, please let me know. Maybe your mom or someone can post for you to keep us updated on how you are doing. I am going to be worrying like crazy now. Which brings the questions, how is Shelby doing with all this?? Love ya lots! Take it easy!!

jeavin blog said...

Annie, I have been thinking about you tons. I'm so glad that your parents have been able to help. You've been in and will continue to be in our prayers.

I love the name Libby.

Robin said...

Glad to hear you are back home! Jaime told me you were in the hospital. Take it easy and feel better soon!

Molly said...

If you ever scare me like this again, i'm going to come all the way across the country and beat you! :) Love you, and keep getting better. And what can I say? You bring out the blog in me.

K+C=M+K said...

Gosh Annie, I am so sorry! That really sounds unbearable especially being pregnant and having a little one at home! Hang in there and you'll be in our prayers! You are one tough mama, and I am so impressed that you even got around to blogging, you are entitled to take as much time off from that as you need! Good luck with everything:) XOXO