Wednesday, February 18, 2009

To Smart for her own Good!

So I am constantly telling these cute stories to my mom and a few others that I regularly talk to on the phone, but I thought I would post this story because I was trying so hard to not crack up out loud, but in the end I couldn't hold it in.

Yesterday Shelby and I were eating lunch. We had some lunch meat, string cheese, grapes, tomatoes, crazines, and wheat thins. Shelby was super hungry and kept asking for more of everything. "More meat Peese!" "More grapes Peese" "More Crazines Peese mom!" So I was getting her seconds and even thirds of each item. (Side note...Shelby is VERY regular, if you know what I mean) Given this little fact I try not to give her too much fiber otherwise her 4 times a day will quickly turn into 6 times and then her bumm starts to hurt her. So when she proceeded to ask for more crazines I simply told her that 3 handfuls is enough and she could have something else if she were still hungry.

She then told me, "MOM!!! you need to go to time out right now, you are not listeninginging very good, not listeninginging good at all. Time out for 2 more times "(meaning 2 minutes) I was first shocked that she put two and two together and then was overwhelmed with laughter! How in the world do you tell a 2 year old that the rules just don't apply to you when you don't listen to them? Needless to say she didn't get more crazines but she got some pretzels in their place (some good carb, plug up food!) Everyday is hilarious around here with little stories like this one I just LOVE being a mom and being able to stay home with my girls so I don't miss any of their funniness!

This picture is like a year old, but I was looking through some and found another "funny moment" I think every post should have a picture if possible!

6 comments:

Erica said...

I love it! Sassy just like her mom!

Abby said...

Seriously how do you not laugh at that? I sure do miss all of her funnies.

The Webber's said...

That is so funny! Rylee likes to put her dolls in timeout all the time. When I ask her why they are in timeout, she always says "they hit"....which is why Rylee is usually in timeout! So funny what they can put together! Rylee hasn't put me in timeout yet, but I better watch out, I guess!

Liz Prisbrey said...

That is hilarious! I think my favorite posts are the ones that tell about something funny their kid said. This is the second post today I have read about kids and it just makes my day. ;-)

Marylin said...

So funny!! I love when they start saying all the things we say to them! She is soo cute!!

Haley said...

I'm pretty sure I heard this story from your mom, silly girl! Have a FUN time with your parents... the kids are very jealous they are going without them. Any chance of coming down here this spring? We thought it would be something fun to do a picture of all the grandkids together! Maybe an Easter pic or something springy.