Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm so Sick of being Sick!!!!

Okay so I know it has been a long while since I have posted, but I have an excuse; I was in the hospital AGAIN!!!! For those of you that follow my blog you know that this last summer was a crazy whirlwind for our family and that it is lucky that myself and our little Libby are even alive. We went through a ton and every doctor that hears the saga has told me "girl you should be dead"... umm thanks I guess. I was also told that because of what I went through I would probably not feel "normal" for a good year or more. Just as I was told I have felt pretty crapy since the surgery in Aug. but I always thought that would be my "normal" for a long time so just get used to it. This last Sunday my in-laws were in town and Jon was flying out of town when I was in so much pain that I finally let my good friend Kristin take me to the ER. They did an ultrasound, CAT Scan, and tons of blood and pee tests. Turns out this time I had a kidney infection, inflamed liver, and bacteria in my blood. They said that if I had waited 1 more day my body would have gone septic and started shuting down organ by organ... AWESOME. Luckily my in-laws were here so they could take care of my girls while Jon was gone and I was once again hooked up to a bunch of stupid IV poles with my butt hanging out of my adorable hospital gown. This time I didn't have to stay for 3 months like before only about 3 days. On Wed. my mom flew into town to contuine taking care of our family since I am out of commission again. I don't know what we would do with out our family and there help because heavens know that I am worthless. Thanks again to everyone and their help!!! Anyway I am not trying to complain, I know that we all have our own trials and stuff, but seriously could I please get a new one!!

I also had my birthday yesterday which I was very grateful that I wasn't in the hospital for although it would have been fitting given my last year. My mom said that she would watch the girls while Jon took me to dinner, but that turned out to be not a good idea because I got super sick being up for that long, but o'well at least we tried. We will just have to "celebrate" another time.
Here are some cute pictures taken of my girls while I was gone! This is why I keep fighting and this is what makes this all worth living for!

12 comments:

Taylor said...

I know exactly how you feel. I spent the night in the hospital last night hooked up to IV's in a pretty gown for kidney related issues. Given my history with kidney stones they just wrote it off as that and didn't do any further testing. Just kept me overnight to give me pain med and monitor the baby because I was having contractions. I have an apt tomorrow with my regular doc. Hopefully he can be more helpful. Hope you feel better soon!

Marylin said...

Oh sweet Annie I am sooo sorry you were in the hospital again!! I do not like hospitals!! You are in my prayers and I am so glad your in-laws and your Mom were able to help!! :) Thinking of you

jeavin blog said...

I can't believe all that you've gone through in the last year. I wish that we could have helped you out, but know that we're praying for you. I also think it's amazing how you went to the hospital before things went seriously wrong, I know that Heavenly Father watches over us and lets us know what we need to do when we need to do it.

Abby said...

I am glad you are out of the hospital. I will be praying for you. The girls look so cute, and so big. I am so happy that you have your family there to help you. I wish I could do something more than just pray. But I will deffinatly keep you in my prayers.
Hope you get feeling better.

Christa said...

wow- you make my issues seem like nothin! lol.. I agree, we all have our trials, but I'm sick of mine too!!! I hope you have insurance- we don't so i know how stressful that is on us! I'll keep you in my prayers! love ya girl- keep your head up, your girls are totally worth it.

Erica said...

Annie, what are we going to do with you. I can't believe it. You can't just have anything normal like the flu or a good ole common cold. You have to have your organs start to shut down and have bacteria in your blood. Seriously what is in the water in Boise? I am so sorry! You are absolutely so lucky to be able to have a great family that can help you. Wish I lived closer and I would take my daughter-in-laws to the park with my rugrats. We'll be praying for you.

The Knudsen Family said...

Oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick again and that you were in the hospital. I hope that you get feeling better soon.

Liz Prisbrey said...

I left a great comment but now I see it's not here. Bummer! Well, I am glad you are home!! Happy Birthday!! :-)

Molly said...

I think it is the spirit telling you to get the heck out of Boise and come visit me in Florida!!! I love you!

Haley said...

Such cute pictures of the girls, I NEED to see them in person. Hint, hint. So sorry your brother is a slacker and didn't call until almost too late on your special day. I will soooo happy when you are done with all these body issues. Thinking of your FULL recovery.

Dawn + Ryan said...

Man as I sit here on my couch wanting to die because I am so sick, AGAIN, and then reading this I am thinking I am so sorry for you! I guess I just needed the reminder that it could always be worse, but I am sad that it had to come in the form of you being sooo ill. I am glad to hear that you are home and that you were in tune enough to go to the hospital. We will keep you in our prayers!

Ames Family said...

I can't believe what you are going through! Will you please find a new trial?! Pick one that is a little easier than your health! I haven't checked blogs in a while and I was shocked to hear that you are sick again. Hang in there, you are in my prayers.