Monday, October 12, 2009

Fancy Shelby turns 3!


Most of you know that on Oct. 5th Shelby turned 3. Since last year I was SO sick I felt like Shelby deserved to have a proper celebration for this birthday so I told her she could have a party. She insisted on having a "Fancy Nancy" party which for those of you with boys it is a little girl in a bunch of books who likes to dress, act, and talk "fancy". So we had a fancy Shelby party and she was so excited! Her friends all came dressed up and we ate some pizza, opened presents (she made out like a bandit!), and had cake and Ice cream. We had 30+ people and it was a great time to hang out with tons of friends. A few facts about Shelby:

LIKES: To read books, in fact we have to go to the library at least once a week so I don't go crazy reading those books over and over. Cartoons; Dora, Go Diego Go, word world, super why, and backyardigans. Tessa (her babysitter) Coloring, taking pictures, dress up is a new favorite (which she got tons of stuff for her b-day). Olive Garden, apple juice, going to wal-mart or Target, helping mom cook, imagination games outside, baths, and so much more. Shelby finds joy in everything we do and it is so fun to watch her enthusiasiam for life, it just makes me so happy!

DISLIKES: Performing of any kind, large groups, quite time without books, Libby stealing her toys or attention of her parents, sleeping in her bed (she ALWAYS falls asleep on the floor). Doing something/anything that wasn't her idea!

HAIR: Brown
EYES: Blue
WEIGHT: 32 lbs
HEIGHT: approx. 40 inches

Shelby is such a funny little girl, she is always saying things that crack me up. She is extremely smart and has started to read quite a few words and can even spell about 10 words. She often tells me that she is frustrated because she can't remember what the pages in her books say. I love being a mom and I love the life that they bring in our home. I am so proud of my little girl and all that she does. She is starting to be such a big helper and I can't tell you how grateful I am for her help since I am so exhausted most of the time. We love you Shelby and we are so glad you are in our family! Happy Birthday.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Rebecca Forbush said...

What a cute family you have!! Your girls are beautiful!! Thanks again for posting my link :)

Marylin said...

I can't believe she is 3 already!! Thanks for the update :) it makes me happy!! How great to be surrounded by so many friends!! :)

The Knudsen Family said...

What a fun party. I sounds like you made it a great day for Shelby. We wish we were closer to share in on this big day. Happy Birthday to Shelby!!!

Abby said...

Happy Birthday Shelby! She sure is getting big! She looks so tall and so grown up in the pics. I am glad she had a great day.

Liz Prisbrey said...

What a cute idea! I can't believe how old she looks in those pictures. That cute little hair cut is aging the child!! And, I love her little personality. It sounds so familiar??

Jami said...

Happy Birthday. I can't believe she is three. It looks like a fun party. Congrats on the new baby. You will have to keep us updated.

Kate said...

I love that little girl!