Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year!

I am always so happy when we bring in a new year because it gives me a chance to reflect on the past year. We have been so blessed and it has probably been one of MY best years. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who was truly made to fit me perfectly. I couldn't be happier with our marriage, our family, and our future! Plus I have the cutest little girl I have ever seen! Shelby has brought me so much joy in my life. I never knew that I could enjoy something so much, but being a mom is the most rewarding and most fun thing that I have ever done. She and I crack up every single day. (I'm not kidding we really do belly laugh at least 2 times a day, she is hilarious and knows it). I also have GREAT friends. It is so nice to be so close to so many people and be able to just call them up and go to lunch or have a play date. Another great thing is that my family is so close that I can visit them all the time and have them be a part of our family. My only complaint for the year is that my best friend (besides my husband) moved all the to Flordia!!! I understand why, but it still doen't make me too happy, I miss you MOO!
In 2008 I have a lot of goals, as does most everyone at the new year. If I put them in writing then I seem to be more motivated. I seem to always do 10 because I really like that number and I hate odd numbers.

1. Get back in shape (isn't that everyones number 1 goal after the holidays?)
2. Eat Healthier
3. Keep a Journal of blessings, cute things Shelby does, and anything else that is noteable
4. Buy a House!
5. Read my scriptures once a day (even if it is only 1 verse)
6. Plan a fun FHE activity every week and a date night every other week
7. Wherever we move I want to get my real estate license again in that state
8. Learn about Photography enough that I can take professional looking pics for my family
9. Get all my Personal training certificates
10. Be more Thankful!

2 comments:

Kellie Knapp said...

Girl, goals 1-6 on your lil list are mine too!! also I HATE odd numbers... when they decided to induce me with Macy, it was 11-1-07 and I seriously was freaking out. Good thing I had 12 freakin hours of labor and she showed up on the second...whew. I'm SO nuts. I LOVE your little dress up pics...she looks like a melty little brown snowman in that jacket... CUTE.

Molly said...

Awww!! I miss you too! I really miss that sweet girl of yours too! I can't believe how freakin big she is and that hair! It's so long now!