Thursday, September 20, 2007

Molly's Surprise Visit!



Okay so this all happened awhile ago, but it was so much fun that I still need to blog about it. My mom and I (& shelby) were going to go to Colorado and so my mom called and told me that she had gotten a hall pass to come down to my house a day early so we could go to toys 'r' us and play all day before we left. So I canceled my plans that I had made for the day and anxiously awaited the arival of my mom. When I answered the door however it was not my mother, but instead my sister Molly (who lives in Flordia) at my doorstep. I was like what the H@!%, I pretty much almost wet my pants because of my surprise. I think I stood there for a couple of seconds in shock before I even acknowledged the fact that my Moo Moo was standing right in front of me. Well anyway it turns out my Mom wasn't coming, but that it was all a master plan to get me to be home when Molly flew in. Needless to say I was excited and it was great cuz Molly got to come to Colorado too. Turns out that it was a good thing that she was there because there was a lot of drama at my Grandparents house, which didn't sit well with Shelby and her tender feelings.

When we got back to Vegas I unpacked and repacked in about 29 min. (I know it is amazing!) Then we went to the lake which I have already blogged about. Then we went up to St. George and hung out with the family there for another week. One of the nights was SOOO fun because Molly and I went over to Jamie's house and got to have a sister night. We got pedicures, ordered pizza, snuck through a few houses for sale in Jamie's neighborhood, played on Jamie's driveway with a TON of cool toys, gave 4 kids a bath, and then stayed up REALLY REALLY REALLY... I mean REALLY late talking. It was so fun and it definately isn't something that gets to happen very often. Also during that week we got to hang out with Matt, Haley, Treyson, and Cru. I love having them so close so that we can actually do things with them. O'ya we also got to go to Olive Garden with Mom, Molly, Haley, Jamie, Me, & all 6 kids. It was surprisingly a very enjoyable and quiet meal. Shelby is the only grandchild that doesn't live in St. George so all of the cousins wanted to gather round Shelby and watch her eat her breadstick. Shelby thinks that all of them are really hilarious. At the end of the week, Molly drove back with Jon and I and we dropped her off at the airport (sad) I wasn't happy to see her go, but it was fun while it lasted. I guess it will be fun in Dec. too, which is the next time I get to see my Moo Moo (unless she comes and surpises me again!). Thanks again Molly for the visit, we miss you tons!

2 comments:

Ames Family said...

What a fun suprise! I am glad you guys got to see each other.

Molly said...

I miss you too! I had so much fun!