Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Holiday Events

I haven't had much time to blog given that our family is so busy having fun. Let me start way back to the week of the 10-16th. My parents decided that they didn't get to spend enough time with our girls when they came for Thanksgiving because we had so many people here and it was just crazy so they came back to visit. We were so happy to have them here again and we had our first storm roll on through while they were visiting, so we made snowmans. Now I have to comment that when my parents are in town we are having so much fun and doing so much that we don't get many pictures. Somehow my parents were able to live with us for about 3 months this summer and we have VERY few pics especially of my mom with the girls. For those of you that know my mother know that she is always doing something, I don't think that she has a lazy bone in her body and so she is ALWAYS playing with the girls or helping me with different projects that I have around my house. So I want to apologize to my Mom for not even getting one picture of her this trip, I will do tons better next time; I promise. About my projects that my mom helped me with, they were mostly organizing closets because I am such a clean freak that I have to get rid of stuff on a regular basis. Plus I wanted to move Libby upstairs to her crib since she is sleeping 12 hours a night and I won't have to be hiking stairs in the middle of the night. Anyway here are the few and only pics that I was able to take while they were in town. Cheese Mom!

Shelby was so excited to play in the snow it was so cute!She always wanted to "kiss our noman"

Shelby and her favorite boys to do stuff with

The next thing that I wanted to blog or journal about was our NORTH POLE TRAIN RIDE! We went with some of our good friends (the Jenkins) on a train ride to the north pole to see Santa. Well actually we left from Horseshoe bend and then ended up somewhere between there and Emmett. The Jenkins got us first class tickets which meant that we got our very own Caboose; it had it's own bathroom, 2 couches, 4 swivel chairs, and a stewardess on board to get us snacks or whatever we needed. The ride was about 45min each way and then we spent about the same amount of time in the "North Pole". The North pole was set up so cute with carols being sung by the elves and Santa with Mrs. Klauss handing out candy and letting the kids visit "their house". Anyways this was SOOOOO much fun and Shelby and Libby totally dug it. This will have to be a tradition every year with the Jenkins(Kristin & Jason & Will) because it was such a blast!!! Thanks for taking us guys. Here are the pics from that fun trip. They are in no particular order because Blogger was being stupid!!! I also can't put any comments under each picture for some reason so

Shelby & Will on the back of our Caboose

After a fun day Libby and Dad enjoyed some bouncer time while Shelby slept and I did whatever moms do.

3 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

How fun!!! That looks and sounds like such a blast. Glad you took pics. :-)

The Webber's said...

I love Shelby's cheese! She is so cute and getting so big! We are really wanting to come and visit - We sure miss you guys! Your train ride sounds so awesome! My kids would have LOVED that! We almost did the Polar Express this year, but I think the North Pole sounds more fun! Hope you had a great Christmas! Love ya!

The Knudsen Family said...

Your little snowman look so cute. It looks like Shelby had alot of fun playing in the snow and building them. The train ride sounds like a blast. Trains are Boston and Preston's favorite things right now and they have been watching the Polar Express over and over. They would be so jealous of Shelby getting to do that fun activity. I love all your new pictures.