Monday, June 1, 2009

lots of traveling

Last month was a little crazy at our house because we were constatly leaving town. We first went to Idaho Falls for a weekend to spend some time with Jon's family. We had some great meals and a fun time at the Zoo (I forgot my camera, I'll have to get pics from my Father-in-law). We got to see all the aunts, uncles, cousins, and Grandpa Wirkus. This was the only pic that I was able to take. which by the way was difficult to get everyone or anyone for that matter to look at me!Jon's parents were SO nice to watch our girls on Friday night so we could have an anniversary date; we ate at Cafe Rio' and then saw the movie "Ghosts of Girlfriends past" (really cute). I also got to spend some time with Heidi as we bought our New York tickets and figured out our shows, which have changed a little from my previous post. All in all it was so much fun and the girls did great in the car minus the blow out, spilled formula, throw up, and scratched up hands at the rest area where we were trying to fix all the previously mentioned items.

The next weekend we went to Salt Lake for a wedding of a great family friends. We stopped to see some of our very best dental school buddies Brooke and Darren and it was so much fun letting the kids play and catching up on things, even though we talk all the time it was nice to see them in person. Rylee, Libby, Logan, and Shelby outside of Mimi's cafe in Salt Lake area.

This trip went even smoother and we were able to meet my parents there and stay at the same hotel which was so fun. After the wedding the girls and I hitched a ride to St. George to spend 11 days with the family and cousins. Poor Jon got very lonely and bored, but at least it was quiet...right? We had so much fun swimming every day, going to "what women want" this is a huge convention that has tons of booths set up with things that women would want (purses, bows, hats, shoes, jewlery, photography, books, diet things, etc) SO FUN!!! Shopping and crafting.
Shelby was so excited because she got to have her 1st sleepover with her cousin Kallie (Jamie's little girl) and they had a blast doing girly things. Jamie and I had a blast to because we NEVER get to just talk without interruptions anymore! Then a couple nights later we got to do it again but Matt's wife Haley and their little girl Macey got to come too so Libby had a little cousin. We crafted until who knows what time and the next day we paid for it, but I loved every second of it. p.s. thanks for teaching me how to do the watch bands "for real" this time and all the other things too. Here are some pics of all the cousin time. We also had some movie nights so Shelby and her cousins could eat popcorn and watch movies. Unfortunatley I forgot my camera both times we were with Jamie's family so they got kinda let out of the pics. SAD!!!
Cru, Shelby, and Treyson hanging out at Grandma's house the first night that we were there. They were all so excited to see each other!
Cru and Shelby eat root beer popsicles. These two are 6 days apart and are the best of friends when they see each other. ADORABLE!
Treyson, Shelby, and Cru for movie night. they are cheesin' it up for me obviouisly.
Grandpa and Shelby watching cartoons together. Since Grandpa actually had to kinda raise Shelby alone for a couple weeks these two have a very special bond with each other.
Koda and Treyson doing something that Grandma didn't want them too. climbing down the hill between the two houses.
Grandma and Shelby eating on the front porch after swimming. These two are so fun to watch.
Aunt Haley and Macey after swimming!
Macey is stoked to have her picture taken... Right?
Treyson being a big helper when the wind blew our napkins out the gate!
Here is Macey's back, Aunt Jamie, Kallie, Uncle Matt, Treyson, Kaden, and Shelby. Sorry it's the best we could do.
Me and Shelby (libby is almost always in bed when the camera comes out so in my defense she was there just sleepy.)
Cruey Louie
Kole, Treyson, Macey, Libby, Kaden, Shelby, Cru, and Kallie the only one missing is Koda because he was in Vegas with his daddy. I didn't think Jamie would like Kallie's face so I posted two pics with everyone looking cute in at least one of them.
The grandkids again!
Kole 1, Libby 9 months, and Macey 1
Shelby got really confortable in the water! this is her waiting to be taken to the shower.

While I was there one of my life long friends Paige Warthen came up to visit me! It was so nice to visit with her and we remembered at 1 am to take a pic so here we are tired, but proof we saw each other.

I braved the airplane with both girls by myself from Vegas which actaully went pretty smooth because they gave my mom security clearance to help me on the plane. Without her help I think I would have had a nervous breakdown since they make you take your kids out of strollers, carseats, etc and make you take their shoes off, fold the strollers up and put them on the belt, as well as the car seats and anything else you have (NIGHTMARE!) but with my mom it wasn't all that bad. My girls were angels on the plane, Libby slept and Shelby talked to anyone who would talk to her and got lots of treats from the flight attendants.

This was a much needed vacation, but I have to say it is good to be home!! We all missed daddy a ton.

6 comments:

Jen and Steven said...

Looks like lots of fun! I think you and Jamie share the trait of forgetting your camera. :-)

Jami said...

Those are some cute pictures. Your girls are getting so big!

Marylin said...

Holy crud you guys have been traveling tons!! Love that picture of you and Paige, crazy to think how long you have known people!! :)

Liz Prisbrey said...

How fun that all your kids are close in age! They are going to love having all those cousins to play with. The picture is way cute!

Libby looks just like John!

Hey, let me know when you head to St. George again. I would love to meet you there for the day or something to hang out. That's so great that you and Paige were able to hook up! :-)

The Knudsen Family said...

That is so fun that you got to spend time with your family. It is always nice to get away but hard to not have a daddy to help out. Cute new pictures.

Brett Willis family said...

I can't believe how different your two girls look! And both so pretty. You know, I still think a lot about our VT days and can't imagine having a better companion!