Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bucket List!

Let me start out by saying that I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD!!!!

Okay, now have all of you seen the movie bucket list? If you haven't then you should. This past summer Jon and I watched this show while I was in the hospital, it was very appropriate for the occasion since it is about 2 men that have cancer and are GOING to die it is just a matter of time. So they decide to make what they call a bucket list which is a list of things that they want to do before they die (no matter how big or how small). Well one of my items on my list was one that I thought may never happen or if it did I would be much older with all my kids grown up. I wanted to go to New York City for a week (not to tourist because I have done that too many times already) but to go to as many Broadway shows as I possibly can. Since I knew that this would not be a top item on Jon's list I said that I would love to make it a girls trip and go with my two best friends from college Heidi and Kate!

Well needless to say, Jon schemed and that is right folks I am going to New York with my girls on June 29th!!!! Now only just recently have I been able to sleep because I have been so excited (for about a week) since I pry ed the info out of Jon. We will be able to see 4 shows and we will actually have some time to tourist as well. Our shows that we will be seeing were chosen by all of us each with a number 1 chose and then a group choice on #4... Wicked, Chicago, In the Heights, and South Pacific! SO STOKED!!!!! We will be staying at the Marriott that is on Broadway looking over time square so it will be easy to walk everywhere we need to go and then there is always the Subway for our touristy things.

If you are asking why Jon is doing this for me it is for my Birthday/Anniversary present. We will be celebrating our 7 year Anniversary tomorrow (I'll post about that tomorrow) and my Birthday was last month, but I was pretty sick so we didn't do anything. Anyway I am just so excited about this that I thought I would share a bit of my joy with all of you! Thanks again honey for doing this for me, you are the best!!!

8 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Wow you are a lucky girl. I am jealous. That sounds like such a fun trip. I love visiting NY. I hope that you have a great time.

Erica said...

How exciting! Have so much fun, I'm excited to hear about your trip.

Christa said...

Have fun!

The Webber's said...

WOW!!! I am SOOO jealous! What a great present! I'm sure it will be so awesome! Jon gets MAJOR points! Are you guys still coming to Utah next week? We would love to see you if you are! Let me know!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Now THAT, is one AWESOME husband!! I have always wanted to do that same kind of trip. Have fun for me and take lots of pictures to blog!! :-)

Abby said...

That is one AWESOME present! Have fun and take tons of pics for the blog:)

Ames Family said...

Good for you! You deserve it. I am so jealous. That is one of the top thing on my list right now. I just saw Bucket List. Great show but sad! I can't wait to see your NY pictures.

Dawn + Ryan said...

I have been thinking so much lately how NY is the next place I want to vacation to. How lucky! For sure take tons of pictures! We want to see them on here when you get back!