Thursday, April 23, 2009

5 years a comin'

I'm sure we all have friends out there that you would consider to be "best friends", but because of life, family, geography, and circumstances you don't get to see them very often. Well for me that is Kate.

Kate has the most beautiful olive skin and ALWAYS makes me look like a ghost in pictures!

She and I went to BYU-Idaho together and met the first summer we were there. While at school we were roomates some of the time and friends always. She has been threre for me through a lot of ups and downs over the last 9 years and I like to believe that I have been there for her as well. It has been over 5 years since we have seen each other and on Easter Weekend her and her daughter Brooklyn came for a visit because her younger brother was getting married in Boise. I was so excited that they stayed with us and we stayed up WAY TO LATE catching up. I had never met Brooklyn and she had never met my girls so it was so fun to see each others "mini me's". Our girls got along like they had known each other for years and were best buds. It was so cute to watch them play and use their imaginations together.
Here the girls are"Hiding in the kitchen" and singing to one another!
Playing in the ball pit while watching for monsters to come.
Brooklyn had to get ready for the wedding and Shelby couldn't let her take a bath alone. Can you tell that my little Shelby is having SO much fun in every pic?
Even though our lives have changed a ton in the years we haven't seen each other it seemed like we picked right up where we left off. We definately didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked, but hey I will take what I can get. Plus we get to have a girls week in June so I am so excited. I will post details about that later.

3 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Good friends are the best! :-)

Dr. Paul Lingenbrink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Love you Annie!