Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Grandma Hammons to the Rescue!

After I got out of the hospital (in March) my mom came up to Boise to take care of us for a week. It was so nice because she had just been here with my dad the day before I was admitted in the ER. The girls always love to have her come visit and she is a life saver for sure.


Here is Shelby with her Chocolate pudding that Grandpa Hammons had gotten her when he was here. As you can tell she is nothing like her mother, she LOVES chocolate!



"Grandma you want a kiss, special for you?" Can you tell that Grandma is not quite sure she really wants that chocolaty kiss?


I am convinced that NO adult can pretend and play like my mother! this is their city that they made and this game lasted for at least a good hour or so. Shelby and Grandma are on the same page the whole time and just keep playing off of one another. Amazing!


Libby is my thumb sucker but she will only do it right before you lay her down or when she first gets up in the morning before her bottle is ready. I had to catch this cuteness because it is only at certain times and usually I am the one who has her. Grandma just eats this little bundle of joy up. She is seriously so stinkin cute, if I do say so myself.


I had been trying to get Libby to eat "baby food" and she would just get the throw up shivers and spit it out so my mom decided to make homemade baby food and freeze a ton for me while she was here. It was night and day difference, now my Libby Lou loves to eat her food. She is always this happy, but when she is eating she is so giggly and blows bubbles and squeals. So fun!

As you can see we had a blast even though the circumstances were not ideal. My mom is amazing and so helpful and selfless. I couldn't ask for a better role model or friend and I just hope that one day I can be a mom just like her! Love you mom and thanks again!!!

4 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Your mom is such a great grandma! I think Libby looks a lot like Jon in that last picture.

The Knudsen Family said...

Aren't moms the greatest. I'm glad that she was there to help you out. I hope that you are feeling better. What cute pictures of Shelby and Libby. Shelby seems so grown up.

Christa said...

Yeah, she totally looks like Jon in that pic!
Isn't it amazing to have a Mom that will do anything and everything for you??? Mine has been the same way helping me out with my back surgery ordeal- We are very lucky people ;)

Marylin said...

Look at those two playing, so cute and your girls are beautiful!! Oh and I love your Mom too!! :)