Friday, January 2, 2009

The Scott Yearly Recap

Okay so I really like to do a yearly account of what happened that was exciting or note worthy so bear with me or just skip this blog. Most people do this in their Christmas card, but i wasn't that on top of things this year.

Well Jon graduated dental school this year in May and then we moved to Boise, ID where we bought a house and started a dental practice. He got to go hunting this year, but not nearly enough (is it ever enough though?) Even with all the changes that have happened Jon has had to be the rock of our family this year and we are so grateful that he has been there for all of us girls. We had a little bit of a scare this summer when my body decided to freak out on us. I was 6 months pregnant and ended up going to the hospital thinking that I was in labor and finding out that I was dying instead. I had Pancreatitis caused by galstones. As if that wasn't enough my body was trying to keep our precious baby alive so it started to shut down and work on just the baby. Therefore my lungs then collasped and sent me straight to the ICU where they put me on a bunch of machines to keep me alive (and the baby) On top of that I had a growth in my chest that was the size of a softball and an infection in my PICC line (feeding, IV tubes put in through your arm and leads to your heart). Infections are really scary to get though this because it is a direct passageway to your heart for the bacteria to get too. Anyway we finally induced me at 35 weeks (Aug 12, 2008) and we had our miracle baby Libby Marie Scott. She did really well at first and then took a turn for the worst with her breathing, but recoved from that really well. She is such a fighter! Two weeks later I went in for surgery to get my galbladder removed as well as the "softball" growth. Libby and I got to leave the hospital on the same day, even though I was in no shape to care for a baby. Luckily my parents were able to be with us for about 3 months while I was sick to take care of Jon, Me, Shelby, and now a new little one Libby. Thanks again for all you did, Jon and I don't know what we would have done without your help and support!!!! It took several months to recoup but now the whole family is alive, healthy, and happy.Shelby turned 2 in October and is our little angel! She loves to read books, take pictures, color, do makeup with mom and could take a bath all day everyday if we would let her. She helps mom clean the house and loves to do the Laundry. Moving here she was a little out of place for awhile when I was in the hospital, Dad started work, we were in a new house, and Grandma and Grandpa were basically her parents, but now she has tons of friends here and LOVES "Shelby's house." In fact it is hard to get her to want to leave the house sometimes!! Shelby Loves Libby and is always bringing her toys or tell her "it okay siter, Shelby here for you, no matter what." Libby is almost 5 months now and is doing great! She sleeps through the night from 8pm- 8 or 9am. She loves to grab any toy that you put in her arms reach, she hates tummy time in fact she just rolls over so there really is no such thing as tummy time for her. She adores Shelby and watches her all day. Libby loves her crib waterfall toy and her "bunny fu fu" that she got from Uncle Glen and Aunt Gayle. Libby is our little fighter and is extremely tough (I guess that is why we are so lucky to have her alive today)It has been a very eventful year for us with a lot of changes going on, but we wouldn't want it any other way. Thanks to all of our family and friends for your love and support and especially your prayers!

I hope that whatever the journey of life has in store for all of us we can stay on the path and remember what is truly important. We have been so blessed this year by our Savior and his atonement for us. I am so grateful for my family and feel so lucky to be able to spend another year with them! Happy New Year from our family to yours!!




4 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. That is fun that you just did your own thing this year. I think that this was probably the last year we will be traveling on Christmas. We now want to start our own traditions. I am glad that you had a good year and that everything turned out as well as it did. I am glad that you are all healthy and together. Shelby and Libby are so cute.
Kelly

Marylin said...

You guys had a crazy year but I am so glad that you and that sweet little princess are healthy and ok! Happy New Year and may the year bring all good things to you guys!! Love this post!!

Liz Prisbrey said...

You guys definitely had one eventful year! It's good to do these posts. You have always been so great at journaling. Have you ever missed a day? :-)

Love the jammies! They look adorable together. Glad your Christmas was great!

familiesarepriceless said...

No surgery for Maddee. Did you get my Christmas card? ANyways she did not need the surgery for now. RIght before the surgery they ran a test and it showed that the cyst in her Stomach disappeared and now her kidney has drained more than 10%. They are going to keep monitoring her. Keep you up to date:)