Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beautiful Car, Beautiful Name, Beautiful Girl!

I often get the question, Did you name your girl after someone or something? (hinting to me, is your kid named after a car?) Here is the background first....
My dad has always been really into cars and so consequently, so have I. A couple of years ago my pops bought the most beautiful car that I had EVER seen (I have been to my fair share of car shows too.) This mustang was O so nice!
When Jon and I got married he had a mustang, which we had to sell because we needed a more practical car that I could drive too. (power steering is a must) I always told him that one day when we are rich and famous we could get him a Shelby mustang.
Also Jon's dad has quite a few mustangs that he plans to fix up one day so he is also a mustang fanatic.
Well when we found out that we were having a girl, we thought all the men in this girls life are obsessed with the same beautiful car so it just seemed fitting to name the most beautiful girl after the most beautiful car that any of us have ever seen. So here are some pics of the car that Shelby was named after. I have some pics with her driving it when she was little, but I can't find them so you just get to enjoy the pics of this fine piece of red heaven.









1 comment:

Molly said...

I've always loved the name Shelby too! And it is a beautiful car. I love cars.