Monday, October 15, 2007

Jon's Birthday!

Well my great hubby had a birthday on the 11th, but he is not into the whole party and singing thing so I decided to wait a couple days and then post about his b-day. It really wasn't all that exciting. We went to the orthodontist and
in-n-out burgers. I also made a cake, which we ate like the whole thing so then I didn't need to even fix dinner. It was awesome. I gave Jon a GPS it is a really nice one and we are way lucky because it was my dad's but he wasn't into it anymore so he gave it to me. Jon is excited to take it hunting with him. I thought I would copy another blog that I saw and tell you 28 things about Jon that you may not know for his 28th B-day.

1. Every Sat. he gets up really early to watch a bunch of hunting shows on TV.

2. At church he insists on taking Shelby to Priesthood (for entertainment I think)

3. He belts out Chris Ledoux in the car on road trips.

4. He goes shoe shopping with me and actually knows which ones I would like.

5. I get 1 hour foot massages while we watch Monday night football!

6. When we drive up to Idaho Jon makes a bed for me in the back of the truck or car.

7. Whenever Jon gets cold or eats spicy foods his nose runs!

8. Every time that we go on a family walk he takes Shelby "off roading" in her stroller, and she totally loves the bummpy ride.

9. He never wants to spend money on himself, it is always me that has to get him the toys that he wants because he won't spend the money.

10. Jon is a great cook especially his peach cobbler

11. He can read about something in a book and then be able to do it perfectly. Example: when he layed the tile in our house he just read a book and it looks great!

12. One of my favorite things in life is diet coke and for my b-day or valentines day or any special occasion, Jon will get a bunch of diet cokes and put them on ice for me to enjoy all evening long. ( I love it)

13. Jon got through airport security with 3 bullets in his Jacket pocket on his way to interviews for dental school. (make you feel safe huh?)

14. He didn't grow up as a hunter, but only started doing it after his mission and now it is like his obsession.

15. He cuts his own hair because it saves money, plus he does a really good job.

16. Whenever their are kids around he is like the human jungle gym, and he loves it!

17. He loves fixing things like cars, guns, bikes, just about anything to get his hands dirty.

18. Every night when we go to bed he checks on Shelby and makes sure she has covers and is not in a wierd position.

19. He is really crafty with construction paper and has even been known to break out the sewing machine a time or two. (In his defense it is usually to sew something like a bullet holder or a jogging stroller strap or something more manly than an afgan)

20. He could go hunting or fishing everyday of his life and he would be happy.

21. He used to be a "professional furniture mover."

22. Jon is 6'7" but claims to be 6'6" because it sounds better.

23. He played football in College.

24. When Jon and I first started kinda dating he also had another girlfriend on the side.

25. Jon knows all the dental jargon in Spanish too because he has so many hispanic patients at the clinic.

26. If Jon had to choose another career it would be S.W.A.T. team or FBI. (any exuse to have a gun)

27. He is the Best Husband and Dad that their ever was!

28. He is not going to like having a post all about him.

Happy Birthday Honey, We love you!!!!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Jon! You know you liked my birthday song! And i didn't know that he can use a sewing machine...nice!

Haley said...

That was fun to read! You never really know all those details unless you are actually living with the person and pretty much his best friend, which you are. Fun to share your bday day with you...Cru that is.